Everyday shampooing is not good and we all know this because it dries out hair. But there are some questions that really trouble people such as What if you have extra-fine or oily hair that needs to be washed on a frequent basis? Does everyday hair wash cause hair loss? To get the answer to many such questions let’s have a look below:
How Shampoo Cleans Your Hair
Shampoo removes the hair from scalp and hair strands, but there are some oils that require staying healthy. This natural oil (sebum) that is produced by your own scalp keeps the hair stay moisturized and strong. While washing the hairs, we not only get rid of the bad oils but it also removes things like dirt, dead skin cells, etc. The presence of bad oils on the scalp creates trouble in growing the strands properly. As shampoo is not aware of the good oil or the bad oil, therefore, it washes away the oil in the hair. So, that’s why the experts say do not wash your hair.
Does Over-washing Cause Hair Loss?
Well, shampoos of today’s time are relatively mild and won’t cause hair loss even if a person washes hair every day. Normal hair fall is on daily basis as its part of hair growth cycle and it is somehow unnoticeable. However, it is important to consult with the doctor to choose the right shampoo according to the quality of the hairs. Other than these factors, hair styling by using hot tools is also the cause of hair damage. Due to hairstyle the hair brittle and falls out. Stress is again one of the major causes of hair loss. When it comes to an environmental factor, then due to sun, wind, and dust the hair fall becomes common.
Tips to Choose Right Shampoo
To find the right shampoo for your hair, it is important to know which type of hairs you have. There are diverse kinds of situations in which the nature of hairs gets differ, identify which type of having do you have the following:
- Oily – Scalp gets greasy in a few days but the ends are dry
- Dry – Rough hair which tangles easily and is frizzy
- Normal – Neither too dry nor oily in texture
- Damaged – It has split-ends or dandruff problems
- Limp – It falls flat and does not have much volume
Once you are done by identifying the type of hairs that you have, then choose the right shampoo according to your hairs rather picking up the renowned brand depending on their alluring advertisements.
- Shampoo for oily hair – Choose the mild or herbal shampoo to avoid buildup the oil in the scalp.
- Shampoo for dry hair – People having dry hair must use a mild cleanser as they will find it difficult to manage their hair post hair wash. It is also important to use the serum or conditioner to control the frizziness.
- Shampoo for normal hair – People with normal hair can choose any type of shampoo to keep the scalp clean and prevent hair fall. One must follow the oiling-cleansing-conditioning ritual for healthy hair.
- Shampoo for damaged hair – Choose shampoo which has keratin in it. Also, use medicated shampoo but not more than twice a week. Also, make sure to use anti-dandruff shampoo.
- Shampoo for limp hair– Use the shampoo which contains more pH level as it can make hair look limper.